Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
General guidelines for manuscript format:
- Use 8.5 by 11" white paper
- Use a standard font such as Times New Roman or Arial and a font size of 12.
- Leave margins of 1" on all sides of the page and do not justify the right margin.
- Indent each new paragrah one half inch or 5 spaces.
- Double space the paper. Check with your professor to see if he or she has spacing preferences for the Literature Cited page.
- Use a hanging indent for the Literature Cited page.
For more detailed rules, consult Chapter 8 of McMillan's Writing Papers in the Biological Sciences.