Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Find a Journal Title
Do you need to find a required article in a specific journal? The Find a Journal Title tool can help you. You can link to the Find a Journal Title tool from this LibGuide (see the link below) or you can find it on the library's home page.
Find a Journal
Looking for a particular journal title? The A-Z List will help. You can search by title or subject.
To request articles from other colleges, use Lightner Library's interlibrary loan system, ILLiad.
The library's top online databases for nursing are EBSCOHost, ProQuest, and OvidSP. Learn more about each one in this libguide.
EBSCOHost is a collection of 20 different research databases with full text of over 10,000 publications. It's a great database to start with. Some of the databases that you will find helpful are:
- Academic Search Premier is first on the list and is quite extensive. It covers social sciences, education, computer sciences, engineering, medicine, social work and more.
- Business Source Premier provides full text for nearly 8,800 journals covering business, management, economics, finance, banking, accounting and more.
- CINAHL with full-text is the authoritative resource for nursing and allied health professions.
- Health Source: Nursing Academic Edition is great for the nursing student as it provides access to 550 scholarly full-text journals.
- PsycARTICLES has full-text of 46 journals published by the Americal Psychological Association and allied organizations.
- SocINDEX with full text is a comprehensive, high quality sociology research database.
To obtain full-text articles, remember to check the Full Text Box when you do a search. This will give you results in html full text or pdf full text. If you are looking for research articles from scholarly journals, remember to check the box for Scholarly (peer reviewed) journals.
What are your options once you've found the perfect article? Take a look at the icons across the top of the results page: you can print out the article, e-mail it to yourself or save it to your computer hard drive or a flash drive.
EBSCOhost offers a broad range of databases designed for research. Click to log in, select which databases to search, and get results from journals, newspapers, magazines, ebooks, and more.
ProQuest is another super collection of research databases that cover a broad range of subject areas.
Just as with EBSCOHost, you have the option of printing out the article, e-mailing it to yourself or saving it to your computer hard drive or flash drive.
Provides articles from local, regional, and international newspapers, business publications, and a broad range periodicals in general interest subject areas.