Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Lightner Library Mission
The Lightner Library’s mission is to promote life-long learning for students, faculty, and staff by providing resources and services to meet their information needs.
Printer Friendly Policies
Click to download these printer-friendly versions of our policies.
Lightner Library maintains the confidentiality of our patron’s circulation records pursuant to New York State Civil Procedure Law and Rules Section 4509.
NY CLS CPLR § 4509 (2011)
§ 4509. Library records
Library records, which contain names or other personally identifying details regarding the users of public, free association, school, college and university libraries and library systems of this state, including but not limited to records related to the circulation of library materials, computer database searches, interlibrary loan transactions, reference queries, requests for photocopies of library materials, title reserve requests, or the use of audio-visual materials, films or records, shall be confidential and shall not be disclosed except that such records may be disclosed to the extent necessary for the proper operation of such library and shall be disclosed upon request or consent of the user or pursuant to subpoena, court order or where otherwise required by statute.
All Keuka College students and employees with a current Keuka College ID may borrow materials from Lightner Library.
For an annual fee, community members may also obtain limited borrowing privileges. See the Community Member Borrowing Tab for more information.
- Borrowers are responsible for all materials checked out on their library card and should never let anyone else borrow the library materials they have checked out. Borrowers should also not allow others to check out library materials on their library card.
- Library patrons are responsible for keeping their registration information accurate, including current email address, home address, and phone number.
- Borrowers are responsible for the on-time return or renewal of library material.
- Borrowers are responsible for the replacement costs for lost items in addition to a $25/item processing charge.
In Library Use Only
The following items do not circulate and can only be used in the library
- Unbound/bound journals, periodicals, and newspapers
- All materials in the Reference Collection
- Other specially-identified items in the collection
- Items from the College Archives
Lightner Library reserves the right to change the terms and conditions of borrowing our materials at any time.
Renewing Library Materials
Borrowers can renew materials for an additional 35 days or whatever loan period is set for the item provided another patron has not placed a hold on the item. Further renewals may be permitted at the discretion of library staff. To renew materials come to or call the circulation desk at (315) 279-5632.