Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Find a Journal Title
Use Find a Journal Title to quickly find out if Lightner Library has access to a specific journal title either in print or online. You can link to Find a Journal Title below or you can find it on the library's home page. IIf you find the library has access to a journal electronically, you can go directly from Find a Journal Title to the online journal.
JSTOR is a digital library of academic journals, books, and primary sources. Some of its content is now freely available on the Internet. Click on the link below and be sure to check the box Include only content I can access to search for the full-text articles that are available for free.
Annual Review of Psychology
Covers the significant developments in the field of psychology,
Annual Review of Psychology
The Annual Review of Psychology, in publication since 1950, covers the significant developments in the field of psychology, including: biological bases of behavior, sensation and perception, cognitive processes, animal learning and behavior, human development, psychopathology, clinical and counseling psychology, social psychology, personality, environmental psychology, community psychology, and more
EBSCOHost is a collection of 20 different research databases with full text of over 10,000 publications. PsycArticles is one of the Ebsco databases that you will want to use for your psychology research. The Ebsco databases that you will find helpful for psychology research are listed below. :
- Academic Search Premier has strong coverage in psychology and the social sciences
- Criminal Justice Abstracts contains hundreds of in-depth abstracts of current books, book chapters, journal articles, government reports, and dissertations published worldwide.
- ERIC is the premier database of education literature
- CINAHL with full-text resources for nursing and allied health professions.
- Health Source: Nursing Academic Edition
- MEDLINE has extensive coverage of psychological and psychiatric literature
- PsycArticles indexes journals published by the American Psychological Association
- SocINDEX with full text is a comprehensive, high quality sociology research database
To obtain full-text articles, remember to check the Full Text Box when you do a search. This will give you results in html full text or pdf full text. If you are looking for research articles from scholarly journals, remember to check the box for Scholarly (peer reviewed) journals.
EBSCOhost offers a broad range of databases designed for research. Click to log in, select which databases to search, and get results from journals, newspapers, magazines, ebooks, and more.
ProQuest is another collection of research databases that cover a broad range of subject areas including psychology.
Provides articles from local, regional, and international newspapers, business publications, and a broad range periodicals in general interest subject areas.