1. Choose a printer/copier (even black & white copiers can scan in color). You do not need to swipe your card to scan. Just press the blue "Menu" button on the top right-hand corner and then select "Scan/Fax" on the screen. (Note: These copiers do not have their faxing capabilities implemented.)
2. You will be taken to a screen with all of the scanning options. If you have never scanned to email from the copier you are using, choose "Address Reg." on the left side of the screen. If you have scanned to email from this copier before, skip to Step 4.
3. Click on the black box next to "name" to type in your full name. Then click on the black box next to "address" to type in your full email address. Then click "Register." (Note that from now on with this copier, you will not need to register again.)
4. Once you have finished registering (or if you have already registered before), click on "Address Book" on the left side. Scroll down until you find your name and email address listed. Touch your name to highlight the box yellow.
5. If you have individual sheets to scan, use the ADF sheet feeder on top of the copier. If you have a photograph, or a booklet, or something fragile, use the glass flatbed portion (lift the lid of the copier to use this.) If using the glass flatbed, line up the edge of area you want to be scanned with the top, right-hand corner of the glass.
6. The primary scanning settings are in the boxes along the bottom. These allow you to scan one-sided or duplex; change the resolution; scan in color, grayscale, or black and white; and adjust the scan size. The small "Application" button on the bottom-right corner will bring you to an advanced settings window.
7. If you are scanning a document with multiple pages that you would like to be compiled into one file, it is advisable to use the PDF file type setting. If you are using the glass flatbed scanner to scan multiple pages, use the small "Application" button on the bottom-right corner to open the advanced settings. Turn "Separate Scan" on so that you can scan multiple pages into one file.
8. Use the large "Start" button to scan each item. When finished scanning, the file(s) will be emailed to the email address you used to register.